Many women opt for breast augmentation surgery to help them obtain their ideal breasts in terms of size and shape. While the surgery itself is pretty straightforward, the recovery process can be more challenging. Here are some tips to help you recover from your breast augmentation surgery as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- Get plenty of rest. Your body will need time to heal after surgery, so it’s important to get plenty of rest. Take a few days off from work or other activities so that you can focus on recovery.
- ice your breasts. Ice can be used to treat breast swelling and discomfort. Ice wrapped in a towel is an excellent way to apply ice to your breasts for 20 minutes at a time several times a day.
- take your pain medication as prescribed. You will likely be prescribed pain medication to help manage any discomfort you may experience after surgery. Be sure to take the medication as directed by your doctor.
- avoid strenuous activity. Avoiding strenuous activity will help you heal properly and reduce your risk of complications. Refrain from exercising, lifting heavy objects, or other activities that could put a strain on your chest for at least four weeks after surgery. Furthermore, look at Breast augmentation Miami.
- follow your doctor’s instructions. Be sure to follow all of your doctor’s instructions for care during your recovery period. This will help you heal properly and reduce your risk of complications.
Different types of Implants:
Silicone implants are made out of a cohesive gel that closely resembles human fat. They tend to provide a more natural look and feel than other types of implants. In addition, silicone breast implants are less likely to cause wrinkling or rippling of the skin over time.
One potential downside to silicone implants is that they may leak or rupture at some point during your lifetime. If this occurs, you will likely need to have the implant removed or replaced.
Saline implants are filled with a sterile saltwater solution. They provide a somewhat less natural look than silicone gel implants but offer patients the option of having a smaller incision due to the fact that they can be inserted while empty and then filled once in place.
However, because saline implants are not as thick as silicone gel implants, some women feel that they do not provide as much support for the breast tissue above them. In addition, saline implants may cause more rippling or wrinkling of the skin over time compared to silicone gel implants.
Gummy Bear Implants
Gummy bear implants are a newer type of silicone gel implant that is made out of a high-strength cohesive gel. This type of implant is said to retain its shape better than other types of silicone gel implants and is less likely to leak or rupture.
Gummy bear implants may provide women with more fullness in the upper part of the breast compared to other types of breast implants. However, gummy bear implants require a slightly larger incision for placement compared to other types of breast implants.
Breast augmentation is a popular cosmetic surgery procedure that can help women achieve their desired breast size and shape. The surgery itself is pretty straightforward, but the recovery process can be more challenging. Following these tips can help ensure a smooth and successful recovery from your breast augmentation surgery.